POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Function problems in MegaPov : Function problems in MegaPov Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:14:25 EDT (-0400)
  Function problems in MegaPov
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 10 Sep 2000 13:08:34
Message: <39bbc012$1@news.povray.org>
A) NOISE3D DISALLOWS APPROPRIATE NUMBER OF PARAMETERS

First of all, the following line gives a message.
    #declare summy=summy+noise3d(minx,miny,minz);
whereas this one does not:
    #declare summy=summy+noise3d(minx);

Noise3d is a function defined over 3d space; it appears to be an
oversight not to allow three parameters in this function.

B) FUNC_ID NOT LIKED IN EXPRESSIONS.

This too gives an error message:

#declare summy=summy+obfun(minx,miny,minz);

Where I have previously defined obfun as
#declare obfun= function{pigment{object{MyObject}}} //   --OR--
#declare obfun=  function{pigment {leopard scale 30}}

It appears to be an oversight that I can insert these into an isosurface
but I cannot "use" these functions as is.

The application at hand is the making of a really cool Volume macro!